Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Ride Report - Dubois, WY to Big Timber, MT

Yesterday's report wasn't filed last night because I was downloading Photoshop Elements on my NetBook computer at the Big Timber KOA with a slow connection. This report will be quick and I'll flesh it out later.

We left Dubois, WY on time but ran into extensive road repair delays in the Teton NP and in Yellowstone. Since we lost so much time in the hot sun, I decided to cut out the Beartooth hand the Chief Joseph Highway loop and cut across from Mammoth Hot Springs/ Gardner to Big Timber to arrive at the KOA there at 7:30 local time. Today (Wednesday) I have an appointment in Bozeman for new tires and periodic maintenance on the bike. While I'm waiting in Bozeman, I'll finish editing the picture files down to a size small enough for web consumption.

After leaving Bozeman, I'll be heading north to Glacier NP for the night. My capable wing man, Max will be pealing off for home and I'll be riding solo for the rest of the trip. I'll miss the banter and the brotherhood. Thanks again Max.

More later,

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment