Thursday, June 25, 2009

Report Jun 24

Today, we left Big Timber, MT for Bozeman for new tires and periodic maintenance. I selected Team Bozeman for this job weeks ago after researching on line. When the tires, which had to be special ordered, arrived at their location, they called me to confirm the arrival of my parts. This morning, I called them from Big Timber to make sure that they knew I was coming. When I arrived at around 10:30AM, they had a service bay open for me and they took me right in. They had me out the door in about 2 hours and made sure everything was OK before I rolled again. The staff and physical layout of their showroom is the best I have ever experienced. If I need anything done during my return trip, I'll make a point of calling them first.

The next stop on the way to Glacier National Park was 204 miles away in Missoula to attempt to ship a package to myself in Alaska. For various reasons of company policy, neither UPS nor FedEx was able to take care of my needs. An hour and a half later, I continued on to Glacier.

Since I was running late, I checked in to the KOA in W Glacier, rather than the campground inside the park. I will need to backtrack 30 miles to Kalispell tomorrow morning to address my shipping problem before continuing through Glacier on the Going to the Sun Road to St Mary, MT and up into Canada through Banff and Jasper parks in Alberta.

Except for about 75 miles, the approximately 400 mile ride today was all super highways. Considering the stationary time in Bozeman and Missoula, today was productive mileage wise.

Everything is still on schedule. We'll see what tomorrow has in store. The weather is supposed to be partly cloudy and windy. There is a weather advisory out for high winds in the area tomorrow. High mountain passes in high winds? Fun!

Kalispell Lake: A beautiful sight at the end of a long arduous day

No comments:

Post a Comment