Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Third Leg - Dubois, WY to Big Timber, MT - June 23

(Click to Enlarge)

This leg of the trip includes several of my previous favorite roads. Chief Joseph Highway, Beartooth Pass, Grand Tetons, Yellowstone. The big issue here will be to cover the ground, take interesting pictures, and still make it to Bozeman in time for my appointment for new tires and maintenance the following day. Total miles 471. Time about 10 hours. Maybe I should have someone zip-tie my wrists to the handlebars so I can keep going. So much to see, so little time!

Main Features and waypoints:
  • US 287 and US 26 from Dubois through Grand Teton NP
  • US 191 from Grand Tetons to South Entrance of Yellowstone.
  • Stop at Grants Village in Yellowstone for services
  • Loop around Yellowstone Lake and exit park at East Entrance.
  • US 14 to Cody, WY
  • Hwy 120 out of Cody to Hwy 296 Chief Joseph Hwy.
  • Hwy 296 to Beartooth Hwy 212
  • Through Beartooth Pass on 212 to Red Lodge, MT
  • Possible stop at Red Lodge KOA
  • Continue north to on Hwy 78 to I-90 west to Big Timber

No comments:

Post a Comment