Friday, June 26, 2009

Ride Report June 26, 2009 Calgary, AB to Hinton, AB

Today is the first full day in Canada. The objective was to reach Hinton early enough to settle in early enough to file this report before everyone back home goes to bed. It is now 8:30 mountain time and I'm sitting in my tent in bright sunlight. as I travel further north, the days get longer. Last night, the sun set at 10:30 PM. Tonight it will set a bit later.

After taking care of some internet business tracking down some items I'll need later, I left at 11:00 AM westbound on Rte 1. The high winds of yesterday were gone, and the sky was a clear blue from horizon to horizon. Already today is better than yesterday. After missing Chief Joseph Highway and Beartooth Pass on Tuesday (actually I will get those later) and Glacier NP on Thursday, I wanted badly to visit both Banff and Jasper National Parks, take lots of pictures and post some of them tonight. The night is still young. I'll post this now, and edit the pictures in after I get some food. It should still be light until 11:00 PM tonight.

Later

1 comment: